Monday, January 30, 2012

Market Day- Guess What I'm Making! (Morocco)


Hurrah! Turns out I had most of what's needed for this week's culinary adventure already in my pantry, freezer, and fridge. That's sure nice. Trader Joe's supplied the dates as I couldn't find any at Kroger. To help make this meal easy and doable for a household with a toddler I decided to cut a few corners making this meal.


Couscous will come from the boxed mix "Near East". I've loved this brand for years. It also seems to go on sale fairly frequently.
        Canned chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), raisins, pre-chopped frozen bell peppers,
                   Trader Joe's flatbread, chopped frozen spinach




Our fresh ingredients! 
Orange, apple,
Zucchini, eggplant, sweet potato, cucumber, dates
Carrots, almonds


Spices and seasonings:
Onion and garlic powder (I have it on hand, cutting a corner here),
Sesame oil (substitute for Argan oil), turmeric, salt,
Orange juice, pepper, honey
(Not pictured: curry powder)


There you have it! From these three groups of ingredients I am planning on making our main dish, our salad, and a simple, sweet, dessert. Definitely looking forward to supper.

What sort of Moroccan dish(es) would you make with these ingredients?



No comments:

Post a Comment