Thursday, November 3, 2011

Planning Day: Turkey

It's here! It's finally here! The week I get to cook Turkish dishes. I've been looking forward to this week ever since we started our "journey" through the Mediterranean. Turkish food is so good.



Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my two cookbooks to come in at the library. Searching the web meanwhile I've found some rather delicious looking recipes. Among them is a great website called Binnur's Turkish Cookbook that's filled with years worth of recipes. What a resource! Every once in a while I find myself scrolling through the website, staring at the delicious recipes. My mouth waters as I read about the food.

Pilafs made from rice or wheat. Dishes- savory and sweet- made using yogurt. Turkish cuisine is filled with vegetables, and if I wanted I could even make a vegetarian supper quite easily. Kebabs, meatballs, and chicken Tava sound so good though. They all seem to be calling my name! Of course I mustn't forget the soup, which is a very traditional way to start a meal over there, and perfect for a cool November evening.

Best of all, every recipe I've read so far is easy to make. I can't wait for the weekend. This is going to be great!

We may just have to go out for some baklava for dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment